This October sees Jealous Print Studio and Gallery opening their doors to a new state-of-the-art Gallery and pop-up venue in the heart of Shoreditch. This major expansion project has not only doubled itʼs former penthouse print studio space, but will also include artists studios and see the entire Print and Gallery teams taking residence across 5000 square feet and all four storeys of 53 Curtain Road, Shoreditch.
On Thursday 2nd October they will celebrate their new home with ʻThis Is Jealousʼ. The Opening show and Launch party will feature some of the finest work to come out of their studio since their Crouch End beginnings just six years ago and will include works by Jess Albarn, Charming Baker, Ben Eine, Chris Levine (courtesy of The Fine Art Society), and Rose Wylie (courtesy of Transition Gallery), to whom they would like to congratulate for winning this years coveted John Moores Painting Prize.
With frontage onto one of the areaʼs busiest crossroads, the new 700 sq. ft. ground floor Gallery space and three floors of Studios are set to become a new creative and cultural hub. The new Gallery Space, complete with polished concrete floors, floating walls, high ceilings, full shutter security, wifi, air con and heating will not only be home to the usual calendar of Jealous Shows, but will also be available to hire as an exclusive venue for pop-up events housing a varied schedule of exhibitions and acting as an impressive platform for temporary shows.
Their first floor will be opening in January as artists studios and along with their Print Studios, Fine Art Publishing and Gallery, will help cement Jealous as a hub for Galleries, Design Houses, artists and Institutions alike. Their second and third floors now house a world-class fine art screenprint and digital studio, with five screen printing beds, digital archival printing facilities, a full complement of services and still the friendliest professional and hands-on collaborative approach around.
The new HQ has already been the subject of press attention in the build-up to the new opening with itʼs Ben Eine commissioned ʻJealousʼ wall piece and a ʻJʼ for Jealous shutter, kindly donated by the prolific street artist to raise funds for the renovations. The commissioned work was quickly picked up on by local street art tour guides, putting ʻJealous Towersʼ firmly on the cultural map.
Thursday - Saturday from 10am to 6pm
Sunday from 11am to 5pm
- Dave White, Apex Diamond Dust, 15 Colour Silkscreen with Varnish and White Diamond Dust Background on Somerset Satin White 410 gsm with a Deckled Edge, 2014
- Chris Levine, Lightness of Being, 2004
- Rose Wylie, Blue Girl, 7 Colour Screenprint, 2014
- Nichola Thomas, Lupe Vélez, 2 Colour Screenprint on Somerset Velvet Black 400 gsm Paper with flocking overlay, 2014
- Charming Baker, The Only Thing I’m Sure Of Is That I’m Sure Of Nothing, 6 mm birch ply 21 colour silkscreen with hand routed element and laser cutting, 2013
- Chris Levine, Kate’s Light, Archival Inkjet Print with Silkscreen, 2013. Courtesy of Chris Levine and Fine Art Society Contemporary