Frontier is Oren Ben Moreh's second solo exhibition in Noga Gallery of Contemporary Art.
The paintings display gardens, courtyards and surroundings of private houses. In Frontier, Ben Moreh continues her investigation of defining the private space, domesticity and the seam between the inside and outside.
Facades are planned spaces outside the home which are used for decoration, cultivation and enjoyment of plants and use architectural elements that simulate the appearance of the human in nature.
Whether their purpose is expanding the private space to the outside or creating a partition, the fronts are used as a threshold.
The course of painting fronts is also a suggestive allegory which echoes the fact that a painting is a front and used as a threshold between public space and private studio.
Monday - Thursday from 11am to 6pm
Friday - Saturday from 11am to 2pm
- Oren Ben Moreh, Between the branches, 100 x 150 cm, 2013
- Oren Ben Moreh, Cat waching a cat, 100 x 150 cm, 2013
- Oren Ben Moreh, Fountain, 100 x 150 cm, 2013
- Oren Ben Moreh, Grapevine, 100 x 150 cm, 2013
- Oren Ben Moreh, Path, 80 x 110 cm, 2013
- Oren Ben Moreh, Gate, 100 x 150 cm, 2013