Tickets will go on sale on Tuesday 28 January for Sensational Butterflies, an interactive exhibition that allows you to wander among hundreds of the beautiful free-flying creatures. The family friendly exhibition returns to the Natural History Museum for a sixth year, housed in a specially constructed tropical enclosure on the Museum’s east lawn. It takes you on a journey through the life cycle of one of nature’s most fascinating creatures – from crawling caterpillar to beautiful butterfly.
Wandering through the butterfly house, you may spot caterpillar eggs waiting to hatch, you’ll get up close to silk-like chrysalises in which caterpillars are undergoing their metamorphosis and enjoy hundreds of adult butterflies and moths taking flight around you.
Featuring species from across the globe, the enclosure offers a captivating insight into the science behind these colourful creatures and their unique life cycle. Combining interactive displays and activities, it’s a must-see exhibition that will be loved by kids and grown-ups alike.
Highlights of Sensational Butterflies include:
- An outdoor butterfly garden with tips on how to attract butterflies and create your own butterfly garden at home
- Fun, interactive activities allowing you to explore fascinating butterfly facts
- The chance to watch butterflies emerge from their chrysalises through the hatchery window
- A riot of colourful tropical plants in the house and garden
- Tips and advice from the butterfly house manager
All images © The Trustees of the Natural History Museum, London