Noga Gallery of Contemporary Art is pleased to present a new solo show by Mosh Kashi, Ash Dreamer, consisting of a distinguished and diverse series of works created over the past four years in oil on canvas.
The exhibition title Ash Dreamer, reveals a great deal of Kashi's painting stance in recent years which presumes that the innocent gaze on a place or a view and its primal and savage nature, will always be charged with the viewer's subconscious, conscious, and personal feelings.
In his new exhibition, Kashi intensifies and enhances his profound artistic practice, examining the immensity of nature in its different aspects, both visual and mental: wild fields spread out from one horizon to the next, lonely trees rooted in a wide open and barren space, great dark mountains and thickets painted with great precision. All illustrated in a light neither of day, nor of night.
Mosh Kashi was born in Jerusalem in 1966. Bachelor's degree from Ha'Midrasha School of Art (1987), MFA graduate at Burton Hall University Leeds, UK (2000). Kashi has participated in solo and group exhibitions both in Israel and abroad. Two artist books were published on his work, in 2006 and 2012.
Monday - Thursday from 11am to 6pm
Friday - Saturday from 11am to 2pm
- Mosh Kashi, Dark Light Mountain, oil on canvas, 2014, 90 x 60 cm
- Mosh Kashi, Lonly Ash Tree, oil on canvas, 2014, 160 x 110 cm
- Mosh Kashi, Azure Mountain, oil on canvas, 2014, 70 x 50 cm
- Mosh Kashi, Ash Land, oil on canvas, 2014, 145 x 95 cm
- Mosh Kashi, Large Violette, oil on canvas, 2014, 300 x 160 cm
- Mosh Kashi, Dark Ash Land, oil on canvas, 2014, 240 x 100 cm