From 26 April to 11 May 2014 Palazzo Gallio di Gravedona ed Uniti (CO), the seat of the mountain community Comunità Montana Valli del Lario e del Ceresio, listed in the directory of the National Monuments, hosts the exhibition “Spanish Art at Palazzo Gallio: Goya’s etchings, Picasso’s lithographs and Josè Molina’s works” curated by Mariella Casile.
The exhibition will be the pivot around which a number of collateral events and initiatives will gravitate, among which a cycle of conferences and the flamenco show in concomitance with the show’s closing event on Sunday 11 May 2014.
“The show offers us a chance for a journey through the Spanish tradition thanks to the presence of Francisco Goya’s and Pablo Picasso’s works accompanying Jose Molina’s production. (...) Goya and Picasso are indeed among the artists who better represented and recounted their century, revealing us what we have in common with the past… their topics are our topics, current and immediate, satirical, brutal and simultaneously refined. These three artists don’t merely share their Spanish roots: Goya and Picasso yesterday and Josè today draw from the popular culture, a constant presence in contemporary art, with their works devoted to the Spanish territory and tradition, such as the bullfighting, which will, among other things, be featured in the show.”
Picasso’s lithographs, Goya’s etchings belonging to the series "Los Caprichos",, "Tauromaquia" and Josè Molina’s "Tauromaquia".
The show will shed light on the artist’s close aesthetical bond with the nature of the place that has welcome him, such as the lake and other elements that are recurrent in his art as well as being an inexhaustible source of inspiration. The exhibition, under the aegis of the General Consulate of Spain in Milan, is also supported by Instituto Cervantes Italia, Comune di Gravedona ed Uniti; Proloco Gravedona ed Uniti, Comunità Montana Valli del Lario e del Ceresio, and Visit Gravedona in cooperation with Pisacane Arte and Deodato Arte.
Via Regina Levante
Gravedona ed Uniti Como 22015 Italy Ph. +39 0344 85005
Daily from 3.30pm to 7pm
1. Desgracias acaecidas enel tendido de la plaza de Madrid y muerte del Alcade de Torrejon. Acquaforte, acquatinta, puntasecca e bulino. 32x43,5 cm, Serie "La Tauromaquia".
2. Il dio della Terra. Earth’s God. Matita grassa Karismacolor su carta. Grease pencil Karismacolor on paper. 2012 (dettaglio)
3. Pablo Picasso, Las Banderilles, litografia, 50 x 65 cm. 1961
4. Emozioni imprigionate (freddo in primavera). Trapped emotions (cold in spring). Olio su tavola. Oil on wood. 2009.
5. Rejoneador. Grafite su carta. Graphite on paper. 43,5 x 35 cm. 2013
6. Como Lake. Olio su tavola. Oil on wood. 2013