Oliver Preston will be exhibiting his cartoons in the Threadneedle Space at the Mall Galleries, London SW1 in June 2014. This will be Oliver’s first one-man show at a London Gallery since 1999 when he exhibited his cartoons at the Fine Arts Society in Bond Street.
Preston, 51, is the regular cartoonist for The Field magazine, and his greetings cards and books have a wide following.
The exhibition, “New & Recent Work” will display originals for sale including many of his most popular cartoons and strip cartoons from the past ten years.
There will be a private view on Tuesday 10th June and various events are planned around the exhibition including a talk on Wednesday 11th June.
The cartoons cover town and country themes as well as cartoons about skiing and field sports. Preston’s work has been published in over 12 books, including “How to be Asked Again”, “Fondue & Furs”, “Hitting the Slopes” and his latest booked published in September 2013 “Rich Pickings”.
Preston’s work hangs in many private and corporate collections including Annabel’s and George Clubs, Boodles and his works are in the Cartoon Museum Collection in Bloomsbury.
Daily from 10am to 5pm
- Oliver Preston, "Ah yes, that's my husband. I recognise my shopping." © Oliver Preston
- Oliver Preston, "I know you're in there." © Oliver Preston
- Oliver Preston, "I've thrown out everything up to 2006. They were way past their sell-by-date." © Oliver Preston
- Oliver Preston, "If it's that important to you, why don't you get it yourself?" © Oliver Preston
- Oliver Preston, "We'd like to UP our insurance. The grandchildren are coming to stay." © Oliver Preston
- © Oliver Preston