The Stinson Reliant is undoubtedly one of the prettiest aircraft in the Museum's collection. The SR9-E was built in 1937 and is one of just 43 of that mark constructed.
Powered by a 320 horsepower Wright R-760-E2 radial, and with its graceful gull wing and sleek curved windshield the aircraft just begs to be in the air. Various Reliants, in appropriate livery and sometimes on floats, were based at RCAF Station Patricia Bay during WWII and served as communications aircraft. Our Reliant was generously donated to the Museum by Mr.
Doug Anderson who had many hours of enjoyment piloting the Reliant across much of North America with extended visits to Ontario, California and appearances at Oshkosh.