Avro Lancaster FM104 was built in Toronto in 1944 but did not see combat service after arriving in the United Kingdom in January 1945. In June 1945 the aircraft returned to Canada and subsequently was converted for use in coastal surveillance and search and rescue. It served in that capacity for many years until retired in 1966.
The aircraft then spent more than three decades on display at the Toronto lake shore. Restoration work on the aircraft was commenced by the Canadian Air & Space Museum in 1999 but that organization was unable to continue the work after they lost their hangar space to redevelopment.
The BC Aviation Museum was awarded custody of the disassembled aircraft in the late summer of 2018. The aircraft, still in pieces, has been moved to the Museum's complex near Victoria and the multi-year restoration project will commence shortly. Visitors to the Museum will be able to see the restoration progress in the Restoration and Henderson Hangars.